Pulse Advanced Coating Technology (PACT) was developed in response to a client market that was reaching capacity limits and facing capital expenditure increases. By developing a highly manufacturable new coating, we could provide clients a 100% increase in throughput and reliability while allowing them to rapidly adjust components without creating issues of capital investment or floor space.
Using a novel plasma technique, Pulse is able to precisely control the surface features of the coating. These surface features in turn can be tuned for your device and application.
- Vacuum deposited coatings designed to increase the electrochemical surface area of simulation or sensing electrodes
- Delivers higher uniformity on complex parts such as active fixation electrodes and toroidal electrodes through true 3D coating
- Offers control of the performance of a coating for individual pulse widths, frequencies and stimulation regimes
- Ideal for mid-range applications needing an increase in electrical transfer between device and tissue
- Can be used to either enable smaller electrodes by increasing the active surface area, or prolong battery life of a device by reducing current draw
- Large batch process lends itself to higher volume production (>10k), but smaller run sizes of approximately 1,000 can be done cost effectively
- Limitations include
- the ability to withstand high vacuum and
- elevated temperature (250 – 350C)
Find out how our coatings can improve your device.
© 2021 Pulse Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.